Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cirque Du Bebe

One of my dear friends, Amanda, is having a sweet baby boy in August so we wanted to shower her with gifts before his arrival.

I, along with 7 other girls, threw her the "Cirque Du Bebe" themed shower. I have to admit, when a "theme" was first brought up, I was not on board. I had never been to or thrown a themed baby shower. But after voicing my concerns, I was assured it wouldn't be like a birthday party but would be "sweet" for this baby boy! And it SO was. It WAS fun, sweet and cute!

We got a lot of our ideas from different websites, but a big inspiration was Hostess With the Mostess Blog.

Get ready for picture overload. Sad thing is... I totally didn't get a picture of the mama-to-be and me. BOO!

Vintage circus picture & decor (love me some hydrangeas)

More decor
  
"Jackson Henry" banner from Dimpleprints
Entry way where we put the "leave Amanda some advice" cards and the take aways.

Place for mama's to leave Amanda advice


Cracker Jacks (a play on Baby Jackson's name) with tag that said "Thanks for making Cirque Du Bebe spectacular"



Yummy food that the mama-to-be loves.




The yummy bite size fun-fetti cupcakes with cream cheese icing.

Candy Table (my favorite part)

Carnival lollipops and Peanuts


Candy table: Gummi Worms

Candy table: Orange slices

Candy table: pixi sticks and gummi bears


Candy table: Life savers

Cotton Candy cones
Candy table: Circus peanuts

Moss ball decoration. Bottom filled with peanuts.

Amazing picture we got from Amanda's mom to put on the gift table. Also in the background, the hostesses put together a recover kit for Amanda. It was filled with hemmroid cream, pads, Depends, Skinny Girl Margaritas, Tylenol, Epsom salt, nipple cream, etc. It was HYSTERICAL to watch her go through it with wide eyes!

6 comments:

~M~ said...

What an adorable shower! I love all of the little details!

PinkSass said...

Dude I used to be obsessed with those candy pnuts...like obsessed!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

this is just adorable.. and the house that hosted it is beautiful.

Baby Mama said...

This shower looks amazing!!!

RAW said...

This is really cute! I love the idea :)

Tiffany said...

So cute! I am thinking up "themes" for LMK's first birthday and am loving the Carnival idea!!