Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mama is packin' heat

Yep, that's right. This southern girl is officially a gun owner. Actually, multiple guns!

Let me first say, I don't do guns. Well, DIDN'T do guns! With Adam being in Birmingham for work now, we wanted to make sure I was well protected. And believe you me, I am. The house is alarm ready and we now have a gun in every room. And let's just say... I am a natural born gun shooter!!!

He wanted to make sure that I knew what I was doing. And you will see from the video and pictures, I do. I had never shot a gun before. We got to the range and I was SO scared. It was so loud (even with ear plugs) and there were four other people shooting around me. I couldn't stop jumping every time someone shot a gun. My heart was beating out of my chest. I held the gun and aimed for probably 5 or so minutes before I shot it. I was scared it would kick really bad and I would shoot in the air.

Finally I shot it. And HELLO... RUSH! I loved it. It didn't kick bad at all. We stayed at the range for probably an hour and I was actually sad to leave. We will be going back. I loved it.

The pics below are evidence that I was there! HA!

WARNING... the video is LOUD... it's me shooting off 6 or 7 rounds. But it's me being me... and me is very silly! HA!


video

.380


This is the .22 that I absolutely fell in love with!

DO NOT mess with me!

Proof that I don't mess around. I hit the bullseye probably 10 plus times that day. Here is my first two!

10 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

southern guys' dream ;)

i also don't "do" guns but am married to a gun fanatic so i've done the shooting range thing a ton too. have to admit? quite the rush. plus it's fun to say "i'm packin' heat!"

Karah said...

ooo girl! Im skeered of you now. LOL. I so don't do guns, they make me have a panic attack.

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

Watch out annie oakley....

So my cop husband was sitting with me while I read this.. and said to pass along to you this info.... He saw how you had your thumb behind the slide.. and said he has seen to many ppl slice their hands up or their thumbs off.. so he wants me to take a pic of a safer way to put your thumb and I will txt it too you.. he said he doen't want you too loose your thumb...

GamecockQueen said...

What a hot mama!! :-)

Being from the South, I grew up around guns and like them a lot!

Fash Boulevard said...

i love this. even i feel empowered. so glad I came across your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

amy (metz) walker said...

Laughing!

Lulu said...

"The .22 that I absolutely fell in love with"...

GIRL, you are a RIOT! I couldn't get the video t play, but I am eating up this post. You are adorable. xoxo

southerngraduate said...

Look at you!

After years of hesitation, I just learned to shoot a few weeks ago. It was definitely scary at first, but very empowering! Go girl!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Love it, my husband and I are heading to the shooting range in a few weeks and I'm quite looking forward to it!

MeTheMama said...

Are you worried of an accident with the guns??? I would be too scared to even touch one. It's a hot look though!