Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moving On

God never ceases to amaze me. Really. The way He works is absolutely breath taking sometimes. The way He answers prayers in His own perfect timing is absolutely amazing.

Before I get into this blog, let me rewind... A little over a year ago, I met a stranger for lunch! Little did I know that God would use her to mold me and shape me and pull me closer to His side. Amy and I talk often of God's grace and sense of humor that He's has for our friendship. Sometimes, we will be talking (mostly me-ha) and just stop and die laughing, not because what we said funny, but because of God's humor. I'm telling yall, God is funny. God gave me our friendship at the perfect time. I mean really, couldn't have picked a better time. And if you know us, we are so much alike, yet so different at the same time. But our friendship is ONE AMAZING blessing from God. We've shared some very similar life experiences and we can support each other in our struggles. We just get each other. And thankfully our husbands are supportive of our friendship and it doesn't get on their nerves (yet)!

Some people believe in soul mates. I believe in "God-mates." And Amy and I have discussed many times how we are so thankful for our precious/amazing/supportive/uplifting/godly husbands. We know they are gifts from God. And I also know that Amy is one of my "God-mates." The friend version. The McCurry's and Walker's are supposed to share life together. And we talk about how we know God must have really powerful plans in store for our lives because we feel His presence in our friendship SO strongly. He's here. He's at work. He's sought after. Although I am not sure what those plans are, and am ok not knowing, because His timing is so perfect, I know they are big.

I am sure some (or most) of you are aware that Amy and I lived 45 minutes away from each other. Key word: LIVED! She and DW moved to Birmhingham, Alabama a few weeks ago. When she told me they were moving, I about lost it. HOW could God give me this friend and take her that far away from me? (Although I know He giveth and taketh away). How? How? How? I sulked, got sad, god mad, pulled away a little, cried. Acted like a 5 year old basically! Then I got over it and became supportive because I knew that they were doing God's will. They aren't the kind of people to just say "Ok, peace out, we're moving!" They pray over a decision and seek God's wisdom and will. So I knew they felt led to go. And although I was sad (note: very sad) I couldn't be selfish. They moved, they are happy and I am happy for them.

Okay so getting onto the "moving on" part of the post. This wasn't supposed to be an ALL ABOUT MINE AND AMY'S FRIENDSHIP POST! But I had to share that part for you to fully understand the awesome-ness of my big news which is...

WAIT, let me rewind again... (stay with me here) Adam has been with his current company for almost 3 years. They are amazing and they are good to their employees. And we are ever so thankful for that. He's happy in his job, which you wives know that makes a BIG difference when the ol' hubs is happy. BUT He was starting to want more. He wanted to advance his career. So we prayed for that. For God's perfect timing. And waited patiently. Typically people in Adam's position get there and stay a loooong time. There's not a lot of room for advancement with his company, although there is SOME... and about a month ago that SOME came our way. And he got a promotion (to God be all the glory).

But that's not the best/most ironic/humorous part...

Where is this promotion taking us???

BIRMINGHAM, AL!!!!!!!!!! WHAT? I know, right? I told yall God was good and funny! And you know what's even FUNNIER? There's a good chance we will live MINUTES from Amy and DW. What?? SHUT UP, right? It's just insane.

It's been tough to not shout it out, because I have a BIG MOUTH and I love to share (sometimes, over share-just ask my friends). But now that everything is finalized and our house in fo' sale, I can share! We prayed over this decision for 2 weeks. We wanted to make sure that this was a God move and not a "money" move. We wanted to feel led there and not go there based off of our own selfish wants. And we both definitely felt led. But I won't lie, when he first told me, I LOST MY MIND. (See also: CRAZY!) I don't do well with change. It gives me the worst anxiety ever. And although I have always wanted to live in Birmingham (since I got out of college/before I even met Adam) the thought of "starting over" overwhelmed the POO out of me. Selling our house, buying a house, finding a church that we love as much as ours, making friends, having NO family there, finding Addison a good school, finding a new OBGYN, finding a new pediatrician, vet, general doctor, dentist, etc... it all overwhelmed me SO! But I now have a great peace about it all. And since I am CERTAIN we are in the midst of God's will... I know all those things will be worked out in time. (I mean really...did I freak out over a VET?? Girl, yes I did!)

There will be many posts to come about this topic, progress, etc. So don't worry about the lack of details. They shall be all right here. I am just glad to be able to share our good news. We are excited to start this next chapter in our lives and very thankful for our wonderful support system. More to come...

17 comments:

THE Stephanie said...

What a blessing! I know how close you and Amy have become. Isn't it wonderful when God give us the desires of our heart?? Praise God! Blessing to you and your family. What an exciting time!

Mojito Maven said...

HOLY COW!!!


Congrats lady!!!!!!

Sonya said...

That is awesome!

Sara said...

That's so exciting!!!

Gwen said...

So very excited for you and Adam!!! What a great opportunity!

Sassy Amie said...

This is so great!!

Cherry Berry said...

That's awesome! I used to follow your old blog. I always enjoyed reading it. Glad to see you are writing again!

Kate said...

How exciting! I know moving to a new place is daunting, but it's such a renewing opportunity too!

Legally Fabulous said...

Yayyyy so excited for you guys!

California Wife said...

Wow, what an exciting turn of events! Congrats on entering this new phase, I'm sure it will be amazing.

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

O my goodness girl.... Im a most certain God does have a sense of humour, and Im pretty sure his chuckles come when we get upset with something he does, and it ruffles our feathers... becuase we simply do not see the future he has for us.. and then when we understand the ultimate plan.. I;m sure he gets a kick our of our reactions.

We are such like children to our heavenly father.. because if you think about it.. thats much like a childs reaction..

he always has our best interest in mind.. and has plans to prosper us.. and sometimes... just sometimes plans to move us closer to our sweet friends.

so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see this journey unfold

Wendy said...

I'm so behind - just found your new blog and so glad you are back! Congrats on the move - sounds so exciting! Missed you!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

This is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! And totally makes me want to plan a trip to Birmingham stat!!!!!!!

Mommy Dearest said...

I have lived in Hoover for almost 9 years now, and while I know you'll have a lot to figure out when you get here, I have a GREAT pediatrician that I love!!! It's Joe Hamm at Vestavia Pediatrics and he's amazing. I just couldn't help but share! If you need any other recommendations, you are welcome to email me! tiffanymckeown@hotmail.com

the rigdons said...

Isn't God good? I love how He works things out in ways we could NEVER, EVER have dreamed of! "now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... to Him be the power and the glory forever!"

Rachel said...

With a move coming up to a new city and state in just 4 days, I TOTALLY know everything that you're talking about. It is so hard to leave a place you love. I am super excited for my next chapter, but the questions and concerns and what if's just don't stop. I just need to remember that He will provide. I have to remind myself of that all the time!

Excited to hear more about your big changes!!

Kendall said...

I love this story!! That is really amazing. Congrats to you and your family!