So two weeks ago, we were lounging at Pensacola Beach. Well, I wasn't lounging, I was chasing my almost two year old around the beach. I quickly figured out after arriving that my child IS NOT afraid of the ocean or the sand. She wanted to explore. ALONE! She didn't want me chasing after her or picking her up when a wave came crashing in. Ahhh, I have quite the little adventurer on my hands.
We are on a TIGHT budget and haven't been on a vacation in over two years.
Thanks a lot Dave Ramsey. So when we were offered a free place to stay we couldn't pass it up. Plus I was dying for Addison to get to put her cute little toes in the sand. We went with my sister-in-law (Adam's sister) and two of my nephews. Our other nephew couldn't go because he had All-Star practice. Adam went down Saturday and I didn't go til Sunday night because I had a baby shower to attend. Addison and I got down there at 10 pm and she was WIRED. Adam had to leave Tuesday night because with the new job he couldn't afford to take anymore time off. We were very happy he was able to spend two days on the beach with us. It was so fun and I gained another nickname while there... "Mamarazzi." I took so many pictures and I am so glad I did.
I enjoyed morning coffee overlooking the quite, calm bay. We enjoyed our days on the beach until Addison got unruly and then she would nap and I would relax a little. We ate out every night. I might have gained a few pounds while there that I am currently working off. But the food was so good.
Pensacola, in my opinion, is one of the best beaches to visit because it's quite and is very family friendly. It's like it's own little island. And there are some phenomenal little hole in the wall places to eat.
Some of the Addison Highlights to mention are:
- She had a hard time figuring out why she couldn't put the sand in her mouth... until she did it once or twice.
- She didn't want me to chase her into the ocean until salt water got in her eyes. Then she'd cry.
- She kept her hat and sunglasses on almost the whole time. I was shocked.
- She tried a bite of fried shrimp, and loved it.
- She learned the word "ocean" and said it at least 100 times while we were there.
- She went to play putt-putt for the 1st time and all she wanted to do was throw the ball and walk the course pointing and talking about everything she saw.
- Out of NO WHERE she points to this life size fake alligator and says "ambigatOR" (emphasis on the OR) then looks at me and says "OOOWWWWW" I said did he bite you and she said "UH HUH" and just laughed hysterically. Her little imagination is getting so big. It's such an awesome thing to see.
Here are a few pics from our trip... my child is such a handful but she is a joyful handful. She loves life and I love watching her explore and learn all about it. She get's funnier everyday!
|STICKS! She loves them for some reason.|
|Look at that precious smile!|
|Playing in the sand with one of many sticks she collected.|
|Watching for birds.|
|Headed out for dinner.|
|Playing in her pool.<><> >>|
|About to go out to eat.|
|Addison a Daddy saying "cheeeeese"|
|Me and my SIL enjoying an "Irish Wake" at McGuires Irish Pub.|
|Seriously. The. Best. Nachos. In. The. World. (at McGuires Irish Pub) I probably ate 1/4 of them.|