Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Addison's 1st Beach Trip

So two weeks ago, we were lounging at Pensacola Beach. Well, I wasn't lounging, I was chasing my almost two year old around the beach. I quickly figured out after arriving that my child IS NOT afraid of the ocean or the sand. She wanted to explore. ALONE! She didn't want me chasing after her or picking her up when a wave came crashing in. Ahhh, I have quite the little adventurer on my hands.
We are on a TIGHT budget and haven't been on a vacation in over two years. Thanks a lot Dave Ramsey. So when we were offered a free place to stay we couldn't pass it up. Plus I was dying for Addison to get to put her cute little toes in the sand. We went with my sister-in-law (Adam's sister) and two of my nephews. Our other nephew couldn't go because he had All-Star practice. Adam went down Saturday and I didn't go til Sunday night because I had a baby shower to attend. Addison and I got down there at 10 pm and she was WIRED. Adam had to leave Tuesday night because with the new job he couldn't afford to take anymore time off. We were very happy he was able to spend two days on the beach with us. It was so fun and I gained another nickname while there... "Mamarazzi." I took so many pictures and I am so glad I did.
I enjoyed morning coffee overlooking the quite, calm bay. We enjoyed our days on the beach until Addison got unruly and then she would nap and I would relax a little. We ate out every night. I might have gained a few pounds while there that I am currently working off. But the food was so good.
Pensacola, in my opinion, is one of the best beaches to visit because it's quite and is very family friendly. It's like it's own little island. And there are some phenomenal little hole in the wall places to eat.
Some of the Addison Highlights to mention are:
- She had a hard time figuring out why she couldn't put the sand in her mouth... until she did it once or twice.
- She didn't want me to chase her into the ocean until salt water got in her eyes. Then she'd cry.
- She kept her hat and sunglasses on almost the whole time. I was shocked.
- She tried a bite of fried shrimp, and loved it.
- She learned the word "ocean" and said it at least 100 times while we were there.
- She went to play putt-putt for the 1st time and all she wanted to do was throw the ball and walk the course pointing and talking about everything she saw.
- Out of NO WHERE she points to this life size fake alligator and says "ambigatOR" (emphasis on the OR) then looks at me and says "OOOWWWWW" I said did he bite you and she said "UH HUH" and just laughed hysterically. Her little imagination is getting so big. It's such an awesome thing to see.

Here are a few pics from our trip... my child is such a handful but she is a joyful handful. She loves life and I love watching her explore and learn all about it. She get's funnier everyday!

STICKS! She loves them for some reason.

Look at that precious smile!

Playing in the sand with one of many sticks she collected.

Watching for birds.

Headed out for dinner.

<><>
<>
<><>
Playing in her pool.


CHEESE

About to go out to eat.

Addison a Daddy saying "cheeeeese"

Me and my SIL enjoying an "Irish Wake" at McGuires Irish Pub.

Seriously. The. Best. Nachos. In. The. World. (at McGuires Irish Pub) I probably ate 1/4 of them.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Look at your cute little beach bum! She is precious! You can just tell by the look on her face in every picture that she was LOVING life. Love it :)

And those nachos...Oh, how I need those nachos!

Tiffany said...

OH my word...she is such a doll!! She is literally having a blast! It looks like y'all had the best time and I love that she wore her sunglasses the whole time. Those nachos...they look stinkin' delicious! So glad y'all had such a great trip.

Leslie said...

She is seriously adorable! I can totally relate to the tight budget and no vacays, so I know how much you must have appreciated this getaway!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!!!!! She is seriously the cutest thing EVER!!!! :)

Charity said...

I didn't know you went to P-COLA! I lived there for three years during college! how crazy! did you see alot of preppy struggling girls in khaki skirts? that would have been me :) very big christian college there that i attended!

Karah said...

I love all these pics. She is such a doll and I can't believe how big she is getting. I can't wait to see yall soon!!! I hope :)

Tracy's Porch said...

She is just so precious. Those are such great pictures and it looks like so much fun! I just love white sandy beaches, blue water and cuties in adorable bathing suits....so sweet!

Mrs in Training said...

oh my goodness, she is the CUTEST little girl! I especially love that black and white outfit - so sweet!

Susannah said...

Omg I can't get over how much Emma looks lie ALM! The only diff is the eye color! One day they will meet and think they're twins! Glad y'all had fun!

Lindsey said...

She is the cutest little girl I have ever seen! Such a doll!!

Shannon said...

Okay so wish I knew y'all were in Pcola, that's my hometown and we're just about half an hour from there. My parents still live there! It's beautiful, especially the beach! And McGuire's...I worked there one summer after college! Such a small world! Love all the pics of Miss A...she's adorable!

Just know discovering your new blog and life changes...wow! We've all got a lot going on nowadays! Prayers to you!

XOX
Shannon

(formerly of Webbisodes)