Monday, July 25, 2011

Seriously, You're Turning 2?

ALREADY! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? My baby, who I literally feel like I just brought home from the hospital, is turning 2 in less than 3 months. That's just nuts to me. Time truly does fly by when you are a parent. I used to think people were crazy when they said that, but OH how true it is. This time last year her 1st birthday party was all planned, invitations ordered, decorations bought... NOW... I haven't done a thing. But it's time. Time to get crankin'. Decisions need to be made. Date/place for party picked. Invitations designed and ordered.
Decorations bought. Thankfully my friend Erin is always there to lend a "planning hand."

I have tossed around ideas as to what the theme should be. I thought about: Dora, The Backyardigans, Elmo, Yo Gabba Gabba. All of her favorite things. But we ultimately came to a different conclusion. One that is SURE to make my sweet toddler squeal with excitement. And that's all I want for her 2nd birthday party. She is so much more aware of things this year and so I want it to be something that she just LOVES and ADORES.

I briefly mentioned Addison's new LOVE for Auburn and Aubie. It's quite intense as she is now asking to watch this DVD almost exclusively. So that, my friends will be my baby's 2nd birthday party theme.

"Come help AUBIE celebrate ADDISON turning 2"

Now, I realize everyone coming to her party won't be Auburn fans. In fact, probably only 2 or 3 of them will be. The rest will be Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida and Alabama fans. And we are ok with that (we love them anyway). So, it's going to be important (and kinda difficult) to keep this strictly an Aubie the Tiger party not an Auburn party. I mean every kid loves tigers right? We will of course have an orange and blue theme because Aubie is an Auburn fan after all. But we do want the main focus to be Aubie.

I literally have planned ZERO details. (Erin, we gotta get on that). I have looked online for invitations but there are very few out there so I am going to have to have that custom made and I have an idea in my head of what I want. Any takers? Designers? Suggestions?

I have a lot of orange and blue serving pieces and such but haven't decided on food or what to serve. No idea what to give as the "take away." I do know that we are probably having it at one of those inflatable places. We are trying to decide which one and if we don't have it AT one of the places, we will be getting an inflatable to put in our backyard. Buuuut, that's another thing, what IF our house is sold by then? I could have it at my SIL or MIL's house but it would be much easier to have it AT one of the inflatable places. We are going to look at them soon. Fingers crossed they are nice and not total junk holes.

This party won't be NEARLY as "over the top" as her first party was. But I want her to enjoy it. I want it to be something she will GASP at when she see's it. And of course I want to have a few unique/original things at the party that are memorable.

So this is just my thoughts on paper about Addison's 2nd birthday party. It's going to get here so fast. We have lots going on and I know it's going to sneak up on me big time. Time to get to plannin'.

6 comments:

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

Im sure you will plan a beautiful party!

I'm Jess said...

I loved the party idea you used for her 1st b-day (super cute and wow it seems like not that long ago)! I'm sure you will make this party just as fabulous and memorable!

T.Smith said...

Have you checked with the school bookstores at Auburn to see if they have stationary that you could use for invites?

Lulu said...

My oh MY how time has flown!!! I think this is such a fabulous idea, and can't wait to see how it all comes together. Looking very forward to participating in my own special way... ;) xoxo!

e.n.h. said...

I actually design custom invites www.betruedesigns.com, Let me know if I can help! I did an Aubie Xmas card for someone last year, its on the site under party. Either way it's such a great theme! War Eagle!

Carls said...

I gave her that AU dvd!!!! :):):)