Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Addison's 1st day of school

I will do my best not to cry (not that you would be able to see me anyway) while writing this post.

My baby started to school last week. Thursday to be exact. She is going to a two day program at St Marks Episcopal Church. She will be in school from 8:45 - 11:45 am. I thought this would be a great transition into some structure for her. She turns two in October and besides church and the occasional play date, she's not around other kids much, so Adam and I decided this would be perfect for her. We chose this church because it has a phenomenal reputation, all three of our nephews went there and it's close to our house. Our church does a program like this but our church is 20-25 minutes from our house. This church is 5 minutes.

She is a class with 11 other children. Some of the things she participates in at school are: art, music, reading (well being read to), snack time, outside playtime. Some of the things she will be learning (we hope) are: sharing (she's pretty good at this already), patience, that we don't always get WHAT we want WHEN we want it, minding. She is still developing so many little skills that I as an adult take for granted sometimes. Sometimes I think she should just KNOW these things, but she doesn't. It's my job to teach her. And I definitely do my best but this structure will be great for her.

She LOVES her teacher, "Mif Whipple" (as she calls her). Actually, she loves her so much, when I walk her in... she doesn't even look back. I have to make her give me a kiss. This makes me happy and sad. Happy because we are FINALLY over the "screaming/fit" when I leave her phase. Sad because I selfishly want her to WANT me there.

Her class theme is frogs. Perfect for Addison because she loves green and "fwogs." Once a month the teacher asks each child to bring a snack for the class. Tomorrow is Addison's day and we have something very cute planned. We are kind of limited because there are only certain things you can bring, but we plan to make them look fun and cute and playful and we will be going with the class theme :)

Here are some pictures from her first day. It was a special day. For the first time it made me realize that my baby is no longer a BABY, she is a full blown toddler really growing into being a little girl. I guess I thought she would stay a baby forever. NO. They grow up so so so fast and for some reason, this makes me extra emotional. She's my FIRST child. My ONLY child (right now). My DAUGHTER. We share a very special bond and I am SO very thankful that God chose HER to be my daughter and ME to be her mother. She changed my life and made it more whole. So to see her off to school... well let's just say, it wasn't easy for this emotional mama. But I am very proud of her. She's learning lots and making friends. My little toddler is growin' up...
CHEESE before school

Ok mom, enough with the pics

One more cheese

Adam wasn't home to take pics so a "self portrait" had to do!

At school right before we went into her class.


Walked right in to her class. No looking back.

Playing with the wooden fruit.


LOVES it.


She caught me taking pics and gave me a CHEESE




After I picked her up and came back to work, she gave a poose... I about died when she did this!

Note: I made it through with no tears! MIRACLE!


12 comments:

GamecockQueen said...

OH My Goodness, your little girl is so CUTE!! I love how you dress her and her hair bows. What a little doll!!!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

I love the one with the sunnies!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I am so excited for her! And for you! Such a sweet post and a sweet girl! Love her outfit!

California Wife said...

Oh my goodness, her little back to school outfit is just precious! So great to hear that Addison is loving school!

Miss E said...

What a sweetheart! She looks so excited. I can't believe she's in preschool already...where does time go??

Lulu said...

This is SO precious!! I hope she has a blast in school, I'm sure she's going to do so well. Don't you worry, I'm sure my peeps (the Episcopalians) will take good care of her! hahaha ;) xoxo

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Well I'm crying now. So that was fun... I can't believe how big she looks!! What a special day!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Miss A looked adorable on her first day of school! I know it will be a great thing for you both!

Lucky in Love said...

How adorable!! She's such a big girl :) I remember when she was born! Seems like just yesterday. I can't believe she's already going to school.

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

oh my word!

Can Miss Addison BE any cuter? I absolutely love her little outfit and it is perfect for her first day of "school".

My son, who is 2, is in daycare full time while I am working, but as I transition to be a SAHM this September once our daughter is born, it will be interesting to see how he does with just me, as he has been around his little "school" friends this whole time. I am praying for peace as we make this transition.

Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

cMe said...

SHe looks like such a big girl and it's hard to believe she's only two. The orange dress you wore in the wedding post is so cute!

Paige said...

oh my!!!! i was just going through my blog list and realized i never started following your NEW blog...so needless to say i can't believe what a big, precious girl you have now! yay for mother's day out! it is wonderful tool for social interaction!