1. Shower. I am planning one kick butt baby shower for my life long best friend. It is a LOT of work but totally worth it. I love planning and executing events and this one is going to be precious. She is having a baby boy but we aren't doing blues or anything "sweet." My friend is very modern and hip so we wanted her shower to be the same. I am making pretty much everything myself so it's a lot of time, but I actually prefer it that way. (Perfectionist much?) Blog to come after the shower on Sept. 18. Here's a little teaser...the invite. We tweaked it a bit because her shower isn't a couples shower...
|Photo courtesy of CadencePaige|
2. TWO! Addison will turn two in a little over a month. I am in full on party planning mode and it's coming all together. Aubie is our theme. Oct 8 is the day. I am more excited about this party than her 1st because she is so much more aware and boy does she love her some Aubie. She will flip when she sees it all put together. Just a hint...but this is her cake:
|Photo courtest of Simply Charming Cakes|
3. Beach. Friday morning, Addison and I are taking off to the beach with my parents for a week. Adam is joining us Friday night and will stay until Wednesday. We are excited to get away and relax. And if I am being honest, we are also excited this trip is free.
4. Diapers. I am over them. But Addison is not. We watch, talk and read about Prudence almost daily. She will poopoo or teetee and say, "Poopoo potty." I'm like, "Yeah it's too late now." She will say "Prudence does!" Me: "Yes, BEFORE she goes. Prudence doesn't wear a diaper. Do you want to go sit on the potty" Her: "No!" She isn't interested, yet wants to talk about it all he time. Maybe these are the beginning stages. Oh my, I hope so.
5. Tanning. So I lived in a tanning bed for oh say, 10 years. Well, not literally lived, but I would stay tan from March til October and that's how I did it. Now that I am about to be 29, I see the damage I have done to my skin and I want to do my best to prevent other damage. So I have been using Jergens Natural Glow. And I look pretty dang tan. I like it because it doesn't streak. It's not orange and it doesn't stink. I put it on every night. I use the one for "Medium to Dark Skin Tones" even though I am actually kinda fair. Works great and best part... it's $8.
|Photo courtesy of Jergens website|
7. Football. I CAN'T BELIEVE it starts this Saturday. That's insane. It feels like we just won the National Championship in January. I mean wow. But here we go again. New season. New quarterback. I don't expect us to be AWESOME but I don't expect us to suck. It really will be a rebuilding year for Auburn but with our amazing coaching staff, we will be back to full speed in no time. War Eagle!
8. Move. Nothing new to report. Still talking to realtors. Still living in separate cities Mon-Fri It's not ideal, but could be worse. We have an amazing support system that we are beyond blessed and thankful for.
|Choose To Thrive Blog|