So my mom and I co-hosted a small bridesmaid luncheon for my cousin's soon to be bride. My mom and I both THOROUGHLY enjoy doing these kind of things so it was a lot of fun to plan and execute. There were only 10 people attending so we tried to personalize it and make it very intimate for the bride.
We held it at the Variosa Club (which is a women's club that has been around for a very long time in my small little home town). My mom is a member so we used the facility FO' FREE. It requires minimal decoration because it's pretty small and it's decorated some already, but we used flowers and other little details.
I made each girl individual menu's so they could choose whether they would like "Caesar" or "Italian" Salad and then "Lasagna" or "Chicken Alfredo." We had Italian bread on the table and we served cheesecake for dessert. It was a hit. SO GOOD. We used a crockpot lasagna recipe and YALL...oh my gosh...I don't even eat lasagna but it was amazing. I thought I would share the recipe: (I changed a few things)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped (I put mine in a food processor)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked firm
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Here are the pictures I took:
|Champagne for the guests|
|Place cards and individual menus|
|Flowers in the middle of the table|
|Middle of the table|
|This runner was from my wedding. My mom made it.|
|I stole these berries from bushes outside for an extra touch of flare|
Me and the bride to be
|Look who showed up after the luncheon|
|Grammy (my mom), ALM and me|