Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Co-hosting a luncheon

So my mom and I co-hosted a small bridesmaid luncheon for my cousin's soon to be bride. My mom and I both THOROUGHLY enjoy doing these kind of things so it was a lot of fun to plan and execute. There were only 10 people attending so we tried to personalize it and make it very intimate for the bride.

We held it at the Variosa Club (which is a women's club that has been around for a very long time in my small little home town). My mom is a member so we used the facility FO' FREE. It requires minimal decoration because it's pretty small and it's decorated some already, but we used flowers and other little details.

I made each girl individual menu's so they could choose whether they would like "Caesar" or "Italian" Salad and then "Lasagna" or "Chicken Alfredo." We had Italian bread on the table and we served cheesecake for dessert. It was a hit. SO GOOD. We used a crockpot lasagna recipe and YALL...oh my gosh...I don't even eat lasagna but it was amazing. I thought I would share the recipe: (I changed a few things)

Crockpot Lasagna
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped (I put mine in a food processor)
  • 2 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 12 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 12 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked firm
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:


  1. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
  2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
  3. Cook long enough to get it warm.
  4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
  5. Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
  6. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
  7. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Here are the pictures I took:

Champagne for the guests

The table

Place cards and individual menus

Flowers in the middle of the table


Middle of  the table

This runner was from my wedding. My mom made it.

I stole these berries from bushes outside for an extra touch of flare

Bride's chair


Me and the bride to be

Look who showed up after the luncheon

Mommy's girl

Grammy (my mom), ALM and me



10 comments:

Sassy Amie said...

The luncheon looks like it was very pretty! I am going to try that lasagna recipe because it sounds sooo good. Oh and I love the pic of your family of 3!

Anne said...

Y'all did a beautiful job! And I can't get over how big ALM looks. Good looks clearly run in the family - you three are some gorgeous girls!

KTB said...

Looks like a beautiful shower! I'm going to have to try that recipe!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

Everything looks beautiful I love the runner.. soo going to try the recipe!

Sole Matters said...

everything looks gorg!! i love that green cardi you have on, where is it from? how long ago did you buy it?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Miss Thang!!! You look TINY!!! And so pretty!! And who is the big girl in the photos and what did y'all do with tiny little ALM?!? I need to see that girl soon. Skype date for sure!

Lauren said...

SO beautiful!!!!!!!!! :)

Megan said...

Everything looks so great!!!

Megan said...

Oh and you look skinny mini!!! Tiny girl!

Casa Cannon said...

that color is fantastic on you!