Friday, August 12, 2011

Photoshop Fun

So I got Photoshop Elements 9 a couple of months ago but have been too busy to even try to teach myself to learn anything about it. Well the other night I spend HOURS online trying to find tutorials, articles, or whatever I could to help me learn how to use this software that I so desperately wanted. I just don't want to have to pay a professional photographer every time I want great pictures of Addison. I will still get a pro for milestones and family portraits and such, but I wanted to have some quality every day pictures of her.

My friend Tracy suggested that I get PSE instead of regular Photoshop in order to do what I want to do. I got a great deal on it, so I went ahead and got it. Now it's time to learn. I need to take a few online classes. But there are some great resources online and I am learning little by little. It's going to take a lot of practice for me to even be kinda good but I am trying. I am also going to need about 6 extra hours in the day to do this... please and thank you.

I don't have any great secrets yet, but as I learn then, I promise to share them. I am not trying to be a professional photographer, I just want to be able to take and edit good/quality pictures of my friends and family. Mostly Addison and my future children. If you have any great resources, book suggestions of anything that you think might help me learn PSE faster, pretty please pass along that info!

Here are a few pictures I have been playing with. They aren't great, but it's a start.

Original/After some PSE magic

Original/After some PSE magic



2 comments:

Charity said...

she really is just so beautiful!!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

These look great... I love Tracy's tips on editing!