Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe's you will hate me for

I have had several things going on lately where I have had to make some yummy treats. I thought I would share two of them with you. Now I warn you... they are both easy and they are both SO GOOD you will probably have a love/hate relationship with them. Neither of them are healthy. Neither of them will assist you in weight loss. But they are lip smackin' GOOD!

Yall know I am insanely picky so they aren't real jazzy foods. But they are good ol' southern comfort foods!

The first one is called crockpot lasagna. Quick. Easy. Good. Sinful.

Crockpot Lasagna:

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef  (I use extra lean)
1 onion, chopped (I leave this out)
1 32 oz jar of your favorite sauce (I use Paul Newman's Marinara)
16 oz of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use more-I like cheese)
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (I use more-I like cheese)

Directions:
Brown ground beef and onion (optional) in frying pan (I add some garlic salt to this). Add sauce. Cook long enough to get it warm. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Then spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up, ending with meat sauce. Add as much extra cheese on top as you like. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.


This next recipe is a modern/sweet twist on the cheese ball. It reminds me of the holidays but could definitely be served anytime, anywhere, any season. I promise you...this will be a hit.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers or animal crackers.

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips (make sure the cream cheese/butter mixture has cooled). Place mixture in a Tupperware of plastic container. Refrigerate for 1 -2 hours then form into a ball. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers or animal crackers.

I made this one time and it didn't form into a ball so I just called it a dip and it tasted just as yummy and looked just as pretty! I served with graham crackers.

Enjoy ladies!

3 comments:

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

I LOVE choc chip cheese ball...could probably eat a whole one myself ;-) I will have to try the lasagna!

GamecockQueen said...

I saw where you posted the lasagna in your bridal shower post and I printed it out then and have been waiting to make it! I'm sooo looking forward to it! I posted a crock pot recipe today too-I should have started using mine way before I did. They make everything so easy!

Tricia Loves Makeup said...

I'm long time reader but a new commenter (follow you on twitter). I can't wait to make this crock pot lasagna!! thank you for the recipe!