Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This is the kind of husband I have...

I drive a 2005 white Nissan Altima with almost 90,000 miles on it. Needless to say, things are starting to slowly unravel under the hood. A new (or new/used) car in NO WHERE in sight (see also: I am a stay-at-home mom). We have NO car payments and don't want one any time soon. So that means, work must be done to the ol' Alty.

The most recent "issue" is...well...it sounds like there is a mouse squealing like crazy under my hood. And that mouse is LOUD! And embarrassing. This has been going on for about a month. And I have been "hinting" to Adam that something has to be done. ASAP. Well with him being gone with the new job, this is hard for him to take care of. And there's NO way I can take care of this seeing as how I barely understand where the gas tank is (see also: I don't do car "fixings").

Well, Adam was home last week and it was a tough week because stress levels were high and we were both busy. I won't mention the fact that we had a small "disagreement" on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning my PRECIOUS husband got up at 5:45, rode his bicycle 4 miles to his parents house to pick up his dad's truck. He then drove back to our house, got in my car, drove it to the Nissan dealership and WALKED home. He then, got ready for work and went about his day driving his dad's truck. I woke up to a note that said "If you need to go anywhere today, take my car. I moved Addison's car seat and you are good to go. Have a great day. I love you."

I was kind of confused but I figured he had taken my car to be looked at but I had NO IDEA how he was getting around that day. I went shopping that day to get out of the house and apparently at noon that day, he WALKED back to the dealership to pick up my car. I think you all know how incredibly HOT it's been lately! If not, well it's been FREAKING HOT down here in the south.

THAT, ladies, is the kind of husband I have. A precious man that works his butt off so I can stay home and raise our daughter. A man that does so much "extra" that he doesn't HAVE to do. A man that wants his wife to be happy. A man that always goes above and beyond to show me he loves me. A man who puts HIS family first, not his friends or his wants, but his family's needs and wants. He is to be admired in my eyes. I feel so amazingly blessed to call him my husband. I could tell hundreds of little stories like this that he has done for me over the 5 years we have been together. He is so selfless and that is VERY rare quality these days. He's a sweet man and he's ALL MINE to share life with. I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone. Of course he's not perfect (neither am I) but even when he's not...to me, he is!

That's the kind of husband I have!

10 comments:

KVH said...

He gets husband of the year award! That was awfully caring of him to do. Can he have a one-on-one session with my husband? Ha!

I'm just the MOM said...

VERY AWESOME! I second the husband of the year award :)

Sole Matters said...

does he have a brother?? so freakin sweet!!!

Lauren said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

Aww Lyns.. what a sweet man you have there.. I would do just about anything to NOT have a car payment.. however we are just barely paying min payments let alone paying that stinking thinkin thing off.

Good for you

cMe said...

There's someting about those Southern men! That's exactly the type of things my husband does.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

sounds like you have a pretty awesome man ;) of course i'm willing to bet he also thinks he has a pretty awesome woman!

Meg said...

What a sweet story!! I love that! By the way, love your blog!!

Anne said...

Unbelievable - what a sweet, sweet husband! He's a keeper for sure. (Good thing you're worth it!)

amy (metz) walker said...

You are married to an awesome guy! Glad to be "doing life" with yall. We both lucked up and got good ones.