Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend I headed over to Alabama to visit my parents and co-host a bridesmaid luncheon with my mom (blog on that tomorrow). 

Friday Addison stayed with her Nana here in GA and I headed oer to AL. My mom met me in Oxford and we hit up the Dillard's additional 40% off sale. WE ALWAYS go to this. It's such a great time of year to shop. I got several really cute things: new purse, two belts, new Cuisinart cookware (ridiculously cheap-$200 set for $60), cute top). I was excited to spend the day just me and my mom. It's rare these days. I think we spent like 3 or 4 hours in Dillard's. We are "sale seekers" so we dig through any and everything. We enjoy the "art" of shopping. The hunt. My mom is a shopaholic and taught me well. I am just on a temporary (budget induced) shopping hold. Thank goodness my mom spoils me every now and again!

Adam and Addison joined us Friday evening and we had a quiet (as quiet as it can be with a toddler) evening at home. Here are a few pictures from that evening.


Addison and her Paw on the "mawnmowa" She LOVES it.
Driving with Paw

Addison & daddy practicing on her new t-ball stand from Paw.

She loves this "mingo"

Picking tomatoes in Paw's garden

Helping Grammy


Saturday night Adam and I had a date night. We went to eat at my fave Mexican place (shocker). Then we went to see "Crazy, Stupid, Love." I will go ahead and say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It''s not my favorite type of movie but it was so good. And it didn't hurt that Ryan Gosling was in it. If you haven't seen it yet, GO! Now! I will own that one. We enjoyed a nice night to ourselves where we could focus only on each other. It was much needed and appreciated!

Sunday we were complete lazy bums. We never left my parents house (except for dinner). Addison had a fun time playing in her little pool and finding stuff to get into in my parents backyard. She kept telling me to get in the pool and eventually I just sat down in it with full clothes on. Sad I don't have a picture of us in there together (but that's probably best-I looked ROUGH). Here are a few pictures from our day of fun.

SWIMMY SWIMMY

This face---ahhh

CHEESE!

Eating her baby watermelon

Serious face

6 comments:

Mrs. Stethoscope said...

O my goodness... she is such a pretty little girl and growing so fast.. I love love love her curls.

cMe said...

Oooh, you'll have to alert us to the sales next time! I'm a new SAHM on a big time budget, so I really need to start loving sales and digging through everything.

Charity said...

She really is such a beautiful little girl! is her hair curly? keep the cuteness coming!

Sonya said...

She is such a doll!

Lulu said...

I am just *DYING* over the cuteness with the 'mingo'! She is a complete DOLL. Just gorgeous!

amy (metz) walker said...

Pretty much my heart is hurting...miss that sweet girl. CUTE pictures, friend.