Saturday, September 24, 2011

Football FUNday 1: "Auburn Creed"

I'm going to start a "Football FUNday" post series. I am going to post a football related post every Saturday. Now before you run away and x-out the little red box in the top right corner... stick around a while and see what it's about first. It might not ALWAYS be about Auburn.


One week it might be inspirational...while the next it might be me reminicsing about my college days with some embarassing pics (see I told you not to run away yet) It might even be something I like about another team (GASP!). Could be about football fashion (for all you fashionistas out there that could care less about football itself). It could spotlight a mother/son from another team. You never can tell! But whatever it is... I promise it will be football related :)

This is just my way of showing my love for my college alma materand the game of football. Happy Saturday ladies. Happy Football FUNday. Enjoy your time watching football. ALL DAY.

Even if you are not an Auburn fan, read this...let it sink in. Everytime I read it, I get chills. And not just because my heart belongs to Auburn.

AUBURN CREED
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count
only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.


I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot
win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.


I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my country, because it is a land of freedom and
because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that
country by doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly
with my God.


And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

- George Petrie (1945)        

4 comments:

Stephanie@SweetTeaAndSunshine said...

Well I'm not an Auburn fan (ROLL TIDE ROLL...sorry, couldn't help it! lol) but I love the Auburn Creed. And because I like to practice good sportsmanship....I hope ya'll do well today!

Kitty said...

LOVE the Auburn creed! My husband was a GA for their football team a few years ago. My heart will always belong to Auburn. WAR EAGLE!

Timsha Coleman said...

Love it!! We have it framed in our office. War Eagle!!

Angie said...

Love my Tigers! I still get misty eyed when the eagle flies or when the AU commercial comes on!
You know who needs to read this? Clemson's coach. I have no words that can express my distaste for that man.