Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last year in my 20's

So this is IT. Starting today. The FIRST day of my LAST year in my 20's. I thought I would probably be crying and pitching a fit like my almost two year old as I wrote this post... but I am actually ok. Next year will be another story. I actually feel older for the first time EVER. That's weird, but my life is so absolutely wonderful, the best it's ever been, GREAT. I can't be "depressed" today about getting older. I just can't. I refuse.


I turn 29 today. Yip skip. Looking back over my 20's, a lot has happened that I should be proud of:

- I interned with the Motorsports Hall of Fame and met lots of NASCAR drivers and alumni
- I graduated from Auburn University
- I got my first "real" job
- I moved to a new town where I knew no one
- I got engaged (then called it off-yes I am VERY proud of this)
- I got engaged again
- I got married
- I finally found a new church home/family
- I lost 25 pounds
- I then gained 65 pounds (yeah I am proud of that because of the next on the list)
- I had a precious baby girl
- I quit my job to stay home and raise our child(ren)
- I grew SO much spiritually
- I made several GREAT friends (some through blogging)
- I learned a lot about myself and my life

Of course with those "proud" moments come some not so proud moments that I will not list on here. I had a little too much fun in my early-mid twenties. Not proud of that (at all) but it was a season and boy am I glad it's over. I look at like so differently than I did at 20. My life is so different. I am getting older. I look older. I have wrinkles. My body isn't shaped like it once was. But you know what, I really am ok with it. Sure, I complain about wanting to lose weight. Sure I wish I could run out today and get some Botox. But I really do love me. You know why? Because I am who I am, made in God's image. So turning 29 isn't the worst thing that could happen. I am still here, still kickin', kickin' and a changin'. Always for the better (or at least striving to). So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. And thank God for all I learned in my 20's. Here's to growing wiser in my last year of 20's and praying I don't have a major meltdown when I turn 30.

HOLLA!


16 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a fabulous day celebrating YOU!!

Lynsey said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day!

Lauren said...

Hope you have the BEST birthday!!!!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!!

USCEmily said...

Happy birthday, Lyndsey! Enjoy your special day :-)

I'm Jess said...

Happy Birthday!!! Oh and 30 is the new 20... so don't fret too much!

Maryland Magnolia said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have a lot to look forward to! My 30s have been a lot better than my 20s :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Happy happy birthday!!! You are right, you are absolutely beautiful, a fantastic mommy, friend, and there is nothing you should even think about changing! I pray you have the most blessed year! Xoxox!

Little Miss Diva said...

Happy Birthday! The 30's aren't bad at all but enjoy your last year as a 20something. :)

Shelli said...

Happy Birthday from a new reader! :) Loved your list... Your 30's will be great... but never look too far ahead... enjoy the moment!

Karah said...

I hope your having a great birthday my sweet hilarious friend. Love you lots!!!!

Lulu said...

LOVED this! Hope you have the best year to date! Happy birthday, friend!

Olga said...

Happy Birthday, lady!

Allyson said...

Happy Birthday! I turn 29 next week I seriously dont know how I feel about that just yet.

Tiffany said...

Hope you had an AMAZING birthday! Your 20's have been pretty darn good to you! Here's hoping the last year of your roaring 20s is beyond amazing! I'm a newly initiated member of the dirty 30s so I'll be here to welcome you with open arms in about 363 days. :)

Megan said...

Aww I love this so much!!