Thursday, December 22, 2011

I choose...

... to accept my life as God gives it to me and try my best not to ask "Why?"

... to believe that our second child is sitting with Jesus today in Heaven.

... to allow myself to cry and grieve over our loss when I want to.

... to not have a pity party over our loss though.

... to move on, try again and put it all in God's hands.

... to praise God through this storm.

... to really feel the tears that I cry.

... to lean on God for understanding.

... to teach our child that Christmas is really all about Jesus' birth.

... to give Addison my undivided attention when she wants it.

... to teach Addison the ways of God and do my best to keep her from the ways of the world.

... to commit myself to being a good example to her of what real faith, service and love looks like.

... to trust and love with all my heart, even though sometimes it will be broken because of it.

... to work hard to be a better wife, mother and Christian everyday.

... to feel happiness.

... to accept and adore the friendships God has given me.

... to be aware of every blessing, big and small, that God has given us.

... to do all these things in God's name.

7 comments:

Sassy said...

Amen! Amen, I say! Great post. :) I think continuing to praise God "through the storm" is a mark of a true and devoted Believer. How easy would it be to only trust and thank Him in the good times...? You're a wonderful mother and example of a Godly woman to Addison. I feel blessed to count you as a friend.

xoxo

Lauren said...

Beautiful!!!!!! :)

Cary said...

You can cry and have a pity party while thanking God for all your blessings! It's okay Lindz!!

Oh, Sweet September said...

I just read your post about your little angel. I sobbed the whole time- I am so so so incredibly sorry for your loss. Your faith, though, is so admirable and God does have a perfect plan! Sending hugs your way! I hope you had a Merry Christmas :)

Emily said...

Your faith in our Lord is amazing and you are an inspiration to many! love you tons!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you are such an amazing woman :) proud to call you friend!

Wendy said...

May your coming year be filled with great things and lots of healing.