Thursday, December 15, 2011

In other news...

I am always amazed at how God works. How He guides His children along the path that is HIS plan and not ours. I am in awe daily of His wonderful ways.

Right before we received our devastating news, we actually received some GREAT news. It just immediately got overshadowed but today I am excited to share.

So y'all may remember when I told you that Adam got a promotion that would be taking us to Birmingham, Alabama. When he took it, we prayed hard about it and had others praying too. We were certain that God wanted us there. Everything just felt right and we had a definite peace about our decision. How could that NOT be from God? We thought that if we followed God's direction that our house would sell in a decent amount of time. Adam went to Birmingham in July. Staying with my parents and some friends and commuting back and forth to LaGrange some. We put our house up for sale and we waited...

Now here we are, it's six months later and we have had not ONE bite on our house. We knew the market was bad, but come on...not ONE! Something wasn't right! We had both been praying about what God wanted us to do. I mean, I was pregnant and we knew we would have a baby in June and he couldn't be gone when the baby arrived. Did he need to look for a new job? WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!

I had prayed for some specific answers the night before Adam called me to tell me that he had gotten a new boss. In a random email from a VP, he had been told his boss was gone and here was his new boss' name. No questions/answers. Nada. He was told his new boss would be calling him within the day. It's important to note here that Adam LOVED his old boss. She was awesome. He had never had a good boss before her. She cared about his well being in the company and she cared about his family. She was awesome when we had Addison. She gave him time off and didn't even make him take vacation for it. She was just a good person and great boss.

When the new boss did call. They talked for TWO HOURS. Holy cow. Just typing that stresses me out. But the talk turned out to be a great one. The new boss asked Adam about his family and situation, etc. Adam told him about how he was in Birmingham and we were in LaGrange and how I was pregnant, etc. They just kind of had a "get to know each other" chat.

Well, a few hours later... his boss called him back and said, "I have an offer for you." (When he told me this...I immediately panicked). He said, "What if I let you keep your promotion, send you back and your territory can be Columbus/Auburn/LaGrange/Peachtree City/Newnan? And within a few years we will get you to Atlanta territory." (Atlanta is where you need to be in order to move up in this company). Adam told him he needed to talk to me and he would get back to him the next day. We talked it over (I think he was terrified of my reaction after the way I reacted to Birmingham) and we ultimately decided that we clearly didn't correctly discern God's will when we prayed about Birmingham. I don't know how else to explain this. So we won't be moving after all. Let me explain that within this company these kinds of moves DON'T HAPPEN OFTEN. As in, hardly EVER. I was in SHOCK over Birmingham and I am still shocked over this. We both think that his new boss was scared that June would come and Adam would find another job to be closer to. The fact that his boss values the work he does for this company and values his well being with his family...I mean wow. That's rare ladies and gentlemen.

It was ironic (but not really) that the day after I had prayed so specifically for some answers, that God laid out a perfect plan for us. His perfect plan. I am so thankful that although we made the wrong decision about Birmingham, that He pulled us back where we belong, where He would have us.

I am really excited. I was really dreading leaving lately. We have made some amazing friends over the last 6 months. (Isn' that funny that God chose those 6 months to really settle us here and basically hand us over these amazing, godly friends? I mean we have some precious friends that we have had for years, but God really settled us and opened our eyes to what was here for us). We have grown to love and adore our church and church family. We were scared to live in a city with no family. Scared of starting over, and now we don't have to. All these little things, not coincidences, God things...they just fell into place.

And now I think about the loss of our child. Yeah, for me, the timing sucked. It's the holidays, lots of my friends are pregnant, but looking back, timing was great. Adam will be home FOR GOOD after the first of the year, and for this, we PRAISE GOD! When we get to try again for another baby, Adam will be home. When I have a tough day, Adam will be home. It brings tears to my eyes how awesome our God is. How His love and His promises are never ending.

So amidst our bad news, we find good and we praise God through it all. I have been listening to Casting Crowns "Praise You in This Storm" a lot. If you haven't listened to it yet, do. NOW! Especially if you are going through something that leaves you sad. This song is the perfect reminder that we need to praise God through our good times and even our storms.

Before I go, I want to take a second to thank each and every one of you that have been praying for us, left a comment, sent an email or text, mailed us cards, sent us flowers or meals and /or kept us in your thoughts. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It meant the world to me to read your encouraging comments and messages. It helped more than you know. Several of you were kind enough to share your story and I thank you so. Your prayers have been felt so much and I am so thankful for this community and the support you have given us in this difficult time. We have a peace that passes understanding and we praise God for that. We will have tough days ahead but we know God is surrounding us with his peace and love and for us, that's good enough.



10 comments:

Amanda said...

I love God moments, and this definitely is one! Continuing to keep you and your beautiful family in my prayers!

Lauren said...

Love you, girl, and continuing to pray for you and your sweet family!!!!

Coupon Clipping Mommy said...

Such good news right before the holidays! So happy for you all!

USCEmily said...

Wow, Lyndsey, just reading this gave me chills. It's amazing how we think we have everything figured out, and then God reveals Himself to us and shows us what he really has in store!

SWV said...

Wonderful news, Lynds. We're happy to keep you! :)

kori said...

Amazing to see God work in yall's lives, I LOVE that song by casting crowns, don't your just love how God lets us know HIS PLAN IS PERFECT!
Praying for your family!

*jcg said...

this is amazing, lyndsey!

southern daze said...

I have been SO behind keeping up with my favorite people/blogs so I just read your recent posts. I. Am. So. Sorry. I know there are no words to help ease your sorrow but I wish I could think of some!! Your faith is strong and that's what's going to get you through. Huge hugs!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. Prayers for you and your sweet family!

Sonya said...

Great news! Amazing how He works!