Friday, November 7, 2014

Called To Go: "Bows for Missions"

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
 
"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!" Psalm 96:3

I remember the moment:  I was sitting in the floor at my associate pastor's (and friend's) home, legs crossed, staring at a computer screen, watching a video that our pastor recorded while on mission in South Asia. My heart began beating faster, my palms sweating and tears were streaming down my face... At that moment I knew I was supposed to GO.

We left their house and Adam told me he felt the same way. So for months we prayed about whether the Lord was truly calling us there. Was He calling me? Was He calling Adam? Was He calling us to go together? On the same trip? Or on different trips? So many questions, but one clear answer. We were supposed to go. Together. Same trip. And the Lord just so organized this team to include two of our dearest friends. So, in obedience to God's calling, off to South Asia we go.

On January 9th, Adam and I (along with our friend Jared and our associate pastor and friend, Randy) will board a plane and begin a very long journey to South Asia to take the Gospel to an unreached area. We trust that God has gone before us and has a wonderful plan for our team. We are so in awe of how faithful God is and we can't wait to see how He will use us.

So, the praying, decision making and getting ready for the trip is done. What's not done is the paying for it. And that is why I am blogging. I am starting a fundraiser for our trip called "Bows for Missions."  I am going to be hand making boutique style hair bows. I mean as a girl mom, I had to learn how to make them because we lose so many, so I thought why not make some for missions :) 

Here are the details:

I am going to make 4" and 6" bows.

Here are the colors I am offering:
White
Light pink
Dark pink
Lime Green
Orange
Purple
Red
Turquoise

The bows are $7 each or 5 for $30. You can mix the colors and sizes however you want.

And you can choose pickup or delivery. Shipping will be $5.


Colors from left to right: white, light pink, dark pink, lime green, orange, purple, red, turquoise

Top: 4"
Bottom: 6"

Should you decide you would like some bows, please leave a comment on this post OR the Facebook post that maybe led you here. When you comment please leave me your name, your email, how many you want and what size and colors and if you want to pick it up or want me to ship it. Once you comment I will send you an invoice via Paypal and once I receive payment I will make your bows and mail them out to you or email you a pickup time.

Here's an example of what to post :)

Lyndsey McCurry, lynzau@gmail.com
3, 6" bows (green, 2 white)
2, 4" bows (red, orange)
Shipped

I want to say thank you in advance to anyone that supports Adam and I going on this trip. A thousand thank you's wouldn't accurately show you how thankful we truly are! We trusted when we said yes, that God would provide a way for us to go and we know He is faithful.

Maybe bows aren't your thing...that's totally ok. I don't expect my "boy mom" friends to buy up a bunch of bows :) We ask that you remember us in your prayers. We will need to be bathed in prayer during this trip (and even the weeks leading up to it). And we know that prayer is a HUGE part of this journey.

Feel free to share this link or share my Facebook status. Put me to work friends :) Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. We truly thank you for your support.

Love In Christ,
Lyndsey

* If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at the email above.


1 comment:

Jaime Nash said...

Jaime Nash
5 (6") bows.
Purple
Lime Green
Orange
Dark Pink
White
jaimewellsnash@gmail.com
Please email me for shipping address.